A. No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the operation of any source of sound on a particular category of property or any public space or right-of-way in such a manner as to create a sound level that exceeds the particular sound level limits st forth as follows: between 7:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M., seventy (70) bBA’s and between 10:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M., sixty (60) dBA’s when measured at the adjoining property line nearest the sound source.

B. No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the existence of unnecessary sound which tends to injure, alarm annoy, harass or disturb the peace or enjoyment of property of another.

Exceptions: Church bells/chimes, public agency sounds used as warning devices, lawnmowers and snowblowers, public utilities, school events, authorized exhibitions and certain business and industry noises.

A police report may be requested, in person, at the police department Monday through Friday between 8:00A.M. and 4:00 P.M. A police report may also be requested by mail. The cost of the report is .25 cents per page. There is no cost for crime victims.

All full-time police officer positions at the Baldwinsville Police Department are civil service appointments. Contact the Onondaga County Personnel Department at 315-435-3537 or their website www.ongov.net/Employment for test dates.

Yes. The Baldwinsville Police Department maintains a directory of all local business owners. This allows us to contact a business owner in the event of a situation arising when the business is closed. If you own a business within the Village, please contact the Police Department at 315-635-3131 to update your information.

Yes. The Baldwinsville Police Department can open most locked vehicles with special tools that we have. Contact 911 for an officer to respond to your location within the Village.

Complete the application for a parking permit and return the completed for to the Police Department. The application can be found in the Forms & Applications tab. Upon returning the completed form you must:

  • Reside within the Village of Baldwinsville
  • The person needing the sticker needs a Valid Driver’s License
  • Person needing the sticker needs to respond to the Police Department to pick-up the sticker.
If you live within the Town of Lysander or the Town of VanBuren, you will need to respond to those Town Clerks for your permits.