- You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine during the public health emergency.
- You cannot pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
- You cannot pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department will contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicines to prevent the virus. Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19 related treatment.
- If you get a call, text, email-or even someone knocking on your door-claiming they can get you early access to the vaccine, STOP. That’s a scam.
For further information contact the Onondaga County for Aging at 315-435-2362 www.ongov.net/aging