Village of Baldwinsvile
16 West Genesee Street
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Phone: (315) 635-3521
Fax: (315) 635-9231
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Village Clerk: Maureen Butler
Deputy Village Clerk: Linda Ross
PT Deputy Village Clerk: Rosemary Johnson
Mayor: Richard Clarke
Deputy Mayor: Bruce Stebbins
Bruce Stebbins (Deputy Mayor)
Meetings 1st and 3rd Thursday of month - 7:30 pm - view calendar
Village Treasurer: Anna Custer
Phone: (315) 635-3521
Fax: (315) 635-9231
Village Clerk’s Office provides the following services:
- Board Meetings Minutes – Records of adopted minutes from the meeting of the Village Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Architectural Review Board are filed in the Clerk’s Office.
- Copies of Village Budgets.
- Copies of Village Codes.
- Freedom of Information Request – There is a 25 cent per page charge.
- Solicitor’s Permit – An original, sealed permit is required to be carried by each solicitor going door to door within the Village of Baldwinsville.
- Streetlight-out Reporting – Contact the Clerk’s Office with the exact location and pole number if available of the streetlight that is out.
- Tax Collection – The Village Taxes are mailed the last working day in the month of February. Taxes can be paid in person or mailed to our office from March 1 to October 31st. There is a charge for a copy of a tax bill or paid tax receipt.
- Tax Searches – The Village Clerk’s office prepares tax searches for the properties located within the Village of Baldwinsville, which would list any unpaid taxes and unpaid water for a particular property. There is a charge for this service.
- Billing and Collection of Water/Sewer Utilities. – The Village is divided into three sections and each section is billed quarterly on a rotating cycle, therefore the office is sending bills out every month to one of the sections. Finals should be requested when there is a change of owner or tenant for properties billed by the Village of Baldwinsville.
- Collection of Building Permits – Although the Codes Enforcement Office approves and issues the building permits the fees are collected by the Village Clerk’s Office. Building Permit Applications and Instructions are available on website. The building permit fees are set by the Village Board at their Annual Meeting held in April of each year. Those minutes can be found under the link for minutes.
- Issuance of Park Permit forms for Community Park – permits are needed to reserve an area in Community Park located on Route 48. No fee is required to use Community Park. Mercer park is on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is an application process (contract and fees) required for the use of Paper Mill Island. Click here to apply.
- Issuance of Park-a-Truck Permits- Village trucks are available from 2:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. the next day to place large quantities of brush and limbs on the truck for the Village to take away. If you wish to take advantage of the park-a-truck program, a signed release form and an appointment would be required. The release form is available on the website.
- Historical Society – The Village of Baldwinsville has designated the McHarrie’s Legacy as the organization to act as Village Historian. The McHarrie’s Legacy can be reached at the Shacksboro School House located at McHarrie Park on Canton Street. Their phone number is 315-638-2452.
- Issuance of Bingo Licenses and Games of Chance Licenses – A license is required to hold bingo and games of chance within the Village of Baldwinsville. More information can be obtained on the New York State Racing and Wagering’s website.
The Village Clerk is a supervisory, administrative position appointed by the mayor. The Village Clerk is responsible for the operation of the Village Office and for its compliance with all pertinent regulations. The functions as the Official Village Management Officer include, ensuring accuracy for required recording, posting, filing and retrieving of all village records, preparing and transmitting payments of all claims, and handling village bank deposits. The Village Clerk serves as Village tax collector, Village election commission clerk, employee benefits administrator, secretary to the Village Board of trustees, permit and licenses issuance officer and public service and information officer.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE DO I FIND A LIST OF LICENSED TRASH HAULERS?
A copy of the trash haulers that are licensed in the village can be found under VILLAGE Clerk's news and information.
Where do I get a Marriage License?
Marriage licenses can be obtained from any town clerk’s office or county clerk’s office.
Where do I get copy of the Death or Birth Certificate?
Copies of Death or Birth Certificates can be obtained from the Onondaga County Clerk’s Office.
Where do I get a DBA (Do Business As)?
Paper work for a DBA can be obtained at the Onondaga County Clerk’s Office.
Where do I get a copy of my deed?
Deeds for properties located within Onondaga County are filed with the Onondaga County Clerk’s Office and copies can be obtained at www.ongov.net/clerk/.
Where do I get my dog licensed if I live in the Village of Baldwinsville?
Dog licenses are obtained from the Town you reside in, which would be either the Town of Van Buren or the Town of Lysander.
What do I recycle?
You can obtain up-to-date recycling information from OCRRA.
When is my water/sewer bill due?
Water/Sewer bills are due by the 25th of the month you receive the bill. Failure to receive the bill does not waive penalties.
When are Village tax bills due?
Village tax bills are due, without penalty, during the month of March.
What is the Village’s fiscal year?
The Village’s fiscal year runs from March 1st through February 28th or 29th.
Where do I register to vote for Village Elections?
Register to vote at the Onondaga County Clerk’s Office.
When is the village election held and where do I go to vote?
Village Elections are always held the third Tuesday in March. Voting for Village Elections is in the Village Meeting Room at 16 West Genesee Street.